Expressions of Gratitude – Helping our Hosptials from Home
We are all in this battle to defeat the COVID-19 virus together.
Many of us are wondering how we can express our gratitude to the amazing medical teams working at our area hospitals. The Woodlander called CHI St. Luke’s, Houston Methodist and Memorial Hermann to find out!
The ways we can help include:
- Donation of any new N-95 masks, surgical procedure masks and surgical procedure gowns (in their original packaging).
- Creation of thank you cards and/or posters to be hung throughout the hospital and tents.
- Donation of commercially packaged individual snacks—items like Goldfish crackers, peanut butter crackers, granola and protein bars, trail and nut mixes, 8-ounce water bottles, juice boxes, cookies, etc.
- Ordering, paying and arranging delivery of a catered meal from a local area restaurant to the hospitals.
Here are how safe donation delivery procedures work for each hospital:
- CHI St. Luke’s The Woodlands Hospital asks that you please email Debra Staley at [email protected] to set up a weekday curbside delivery time between 9am-5pm.
- Houston Methodist The Woodlands Hospital asks that you please call the hospital at 936.270.2102 to coordinate the details of dropping off your specific donation.Their staff will give direction to donors at that time. If you reach a voicemail, please leave a message with name, phone number and item/s that you are donating, and a member from their staff will reach out to you as soon as possible.
- Memorial Hermann The Woodlands Medical Center asks that you please call their hospital operator at 713-897-2300 and let them know what the item/s are, the quantity being delivered and when it will be delivered so they can be prepared.
If possible, all hospitals have asked that everyone please leave their name or group’s name and email or street address with their donation so the hospital can thank them for their beautiful gesture of support.