Holiday wishes do come true at the family-friendly destination resort with seasonal activities, charitable opportunities, and feasting from Thanksgiving to New Year’s Day
Travelers looking to get into the holiday spirit while enjoying all that Texas has to offer will find it at The Woodlands Resort. Nestled among 500 acres in a stunning tree-filled natural environment, located just 20 minutes from George Bush Intercontinental Airport and an easy 30 minutes from downtown Houston, The Woodlands Resort is inviting travelers and locals alike to join in the holiday fanfare with an action-packed line-up of seasonal festivities including family-friendly events, seasonal culinary feasts, charitable opportunities, and engaging activities for all ages to make memories that last beyond the season.
Travelers and locals of The Woodlands can embrace all the magic that the destination has to offer with The Woodlands Resort’s seasonal activities. After days spent admiring holiday lights, enjoying ice skating adventures at the Town Center and taking in festive shows, guests can retreat into one of the 402 guestrooms to enjoy a cozy evening. A perfect complement for the holiday season, those staying on property can book the ‘Home for the Holidays’ and feel right at home with best available rates. Available for stays from November 15 – December 30, 2019, rates start at $189. To add even more cheer this season, activities taking place at The Woodlands Resort throughout the holidays include:
Holiday Fanfare for Every Age
- Families and children are encouraged to bring an appetite and their very own wish list to Breakfast with Santa at The Woodlands Dining Room. Complete with a visit from Santa and his elves, diners will enjoy a delicious, family-friendly menu and will have the chance to share their holiday wishes with Santa directly. For those who can’t meet Santa, tiny travelers will be able to drop letters to Santa into a North Pole Mailbox in the lobby with speedy delivery to Santa’s Workshop. Saturdays 9:00am-1:00pm, December 7, 14, 15; adults $38.95, children ages 6-12 $19.95, under 5 free
- Little ones can get hands-on with the holidays with an array of fun activities every weekend at The Woodlands Resort. Kids can enjoy cookie decorating, ornament making, Christmas caroling, plus arts and crafts, and a full range of games. See the complete December Event Calendar online.
- The resort will offer seasonal magic for kids of all ages, including complimentary Story Time with an Elf or Mrs. Claus in the Living Room on Saturdays at 2:00pm, and Elf Tuck-Ins with readings of Goodnight Woodlands and Christmas Story for guests staying overnight for $25 for 1 child, and $10 for each additional child. Christmas movies will be shown every Friday and Saturday evening in the Living Room, with popcorn and s’mores for purchase to keep stomachs full and eyes glued. Kids can also get on Santa’s good side with personalized Letters to Santa! They may even receive a special reply from one of his elves.
- The resort offers complimentary shuttle to Market Street and The Cynthia Woods Mitchell Pavilion where ice skating will be in full swing daily from November 16 through January 20, 2020. Prices and hours for ice skating are available at www.thewoodlandstownship-tx.gov/icerink. Additional holiday activities in The Woodlands can be found on Visit The Woodlands website.
Cheers to 2020
- Ringing in the New Year never goes out of style. The Woodlands Resort will welcome 2020 with a 007 Casino Royale New Year’s Eve Gala in The Grand Ballroom – complete with dancing to local band, PDA, and an unlimited hosted bar from 9:00pm until 1:00am. Guests are invited to test their luck and place their bets at Blackjack, Roulette, Craps, and Texas Hold ‘em for a chance to win exciting prizes including James Bond Blu Ray Collection, Echo 3rdGeneration, 43” 4K TV, Apple Air Pods, Fire HD Tablet, Yeti Cooler and much more! The New Year’s Eve Gala, 21+, December 31 from 9:00pm to 1:00am. Overnight party packages start at $250 for two, and include overnight accommodations, late check-out at 1:00pm and an invite to join The Woodlands community in the annual Polar Bear Plunge on New Year’s Day. Add a divine 3-course or 5-course dinner at the resort’s award-winning Robard’s Steakhouse to make it a full evening affair. For more information on exclusive packages, visit their website or call 800-433-2624
- Two things best served well chilled: A champagne toast to the new year and The Woodlands Resort’s annual Polar Bear Plunge at the Waterpark & Lazy River. The open-air event invites resort guests and the public to don their own swimwear and plunge in on January 1 to kick of 2020. The plunge will take place from 11:00 am – 12:00 pm. Spiked Cider, Bloody Mary’s and Mimosas will be available for purchase.
The resort will be dressed to the nines both indoors and out, throughout the season with Texas-style touches of 800,000 twinkling lights, dazzling ornaments, a 6’ indoor sleigh comfortable for 2 adults, and a towering 24’ Christmas Tree in the lobby.