Walking and running are great ways to get in some healthy cardiovascular activity. Plus, they are free! Whether you like to run or power walk, there are so many interesting places to shake up your routine in The Woodlands.
“With over 220 miles of hike and bike trails and 147 parks, The Woodlands has an abundance of ideal amenities to be active, engage with nature and stay healthy,” said Heath Melton, Senior Vice President, MPC, Residential Development for The Howard Hughes Corporation.
Next time you step out, plan to explore one of these great paths:
- Shadowbend Park in the Village of Cochran’s Crossing has a three-and-a-half mile gravel loop that’s well shaded by surrounding lush foliage and towering pine trees.
- Cattail Park in the Village of Cochran’s Crossing loops around a dog park, play park, and soccer fields.
- Bear Branch Sportsfields in the Village of Cochran’s Crossing winds around several sports fields.
- Windvale Park jogging trail in the Village of Alden Bridge circles around some natural wetlands.
- Spindle Tree Ponds Park in the Village of Sterling Ridge loops one mile around a fishing pond.
- Footbridge Way Pond Park in the Village of Creekside Park winds around a long, linear pond.
- Millbend Linear Park in the Village of Grogan’s Mill goes along tennis courts, a pond, and lush natural wooded areas.
- There are also trailheads for the forested George Mitchell Nature Preserve that are accessible from the Village of Creekside Park near Rob Fleming Park as well as Flintridge Drive near Rush Haven Drive in the Village of Indian Springs.
- The Woodlands Waterway is a unique setting that showcases urban sites along The Waterway. This 3.2-mile course has several access points with easy parking along the route.
- Hughes Landing is a 79-acre dynamic destination offering panoramic views of 200-acre Lake Woodlands. A loop around Hughes Landing is approximately one mile.
- In inclement weather, head to The Woodlands Mall for a nice, comfortable climate-controlled walk. Window shopping helps the time, and the laps, go by quickly.
Time to get up, lace up, step out and explore the many wonderful places to get moving around The Woodlands!