Around Town — In Conversation with Karen Logan
Meet Karen Logan, the married mother of 4 children who created and runs WoodlandsMommy.com, providing up-to-date, relevant local parenting and event information. We caught up with Karen at Town Green Park where she kindly shared her top places to visit with her children and answered our Woodlander questionnaire.
Karen’s top local places to visit this fall with children:
1. Town Green Park – We love the abundant green space to picnic, kick a ball, or run and chase freely; the fun storybook maze and children’s outdoor amphitheater fuels imaginations; there are several art benches to discover and the lush perimeter landscaping is ideal for family snapshots and butterfly spotting.
2. Mitchell Library – They’re an official “Family Place Library” with educational toys for babies through age 5, a fully equipped play kitchen, an impressive collection of books, computer games and storytimes and activites for kids of all ages.
3. The Woodlands Children’s Museum – Their fall schedule is chock-full of fun activities and events like Storybook Theater (weekly), a Mad Hatter Tea Party and Spooktacular.
4. The Woodlands Church – They have the best indoor spot in The Woodlands for burning off energy for FREE. The multilevel playscape coupled with the adjacent café, serving up paninis and cappuccinos, plus the free WIFI are a working mom’s match made in heaven.
5. Sk8 Town – Roller skates (with skate mates available for the younger kids), clean music, junk food, and arcade games – it’s a fun, active outing for the whole family.
The Woodlander Questionnaire
From where and when did you move to The Woodlands?
The Westchase area of Houston in June of 2004.
Favorite band or solo rocker from your teen years?
Oh, there are so many I loved! I guess I’ll have to go with Boyz II Men. Or wait… maybe Savage Garden. Umm… actually… is it too late to change my answer? I’m definitely sure that my final answer is probably Destiny’s Child.
Name a book on your bedside table, films and/or television series and/or podcasts in your streaming queue?
Listen. Love. Repeat. by Karen Ehman.
Favorite dish from a local restaurant?
The slow-cooked baby back ribs from Jasper’s in Market Street.
You win airline tickets to any destination. Where would you travel?
Favorite 2 local stores?
Marshall’s Home Goods & Joann Fabrics.
What is on your bucket list?
Purchasing a restored vintage car.
Favorite area event?
Hocus Pocus Pops at The Cynthia Woods Mitchell Pavilion.
Something not everyone knows about you.
I love to sew! I make most of the children’s clothing!
Make sure to visit WoodlandsMommy.com to learn more about this incredible free and fun family resource, and keep a look out for Karen Logan next time you are out and about – you never know who you’ll meet around town!