Mom seems to always be there for you from attending
school functions to being the best advice giver. It’s time to honor her on Sunday, May 14 with
a special Mother’s Day. Here’s some tips
to give mom a Mother’s Day she won’t forget:
1. Mother’s Day Brunch – Brunch for mom is
simply tradition. The Woodlands has 200+ restaurants sure to please your mom’s
palette. Some key areas to take your mom to dine are Hughes Landing, Market
Street and Waterway Square®.
in The Woodlands – The Woodlands is filled with pieces of art
throughout our community. Take mom on a special site seeing visit or scavenger
hunt of the sculptures sprinkled in The Woodlands.
3. Day at the Spa or a Massage – Treat mom
for a day at the spa or to a massage.
Outing at the Community Pool – Nine of the 14 community pools are open
for preseason including Mother’s Day weekend: Cranebrook, Creekwood,
Forestgate, Harper’s Landing, Sawmill, Shadowbend, Wendtwoods, Windvale and Rob
Fleming Aquatic Center. Saturday, May
13, 12 Noon – 6PM and Sunday, May 14, 1 – 6PM.
5. Manicure and Pedicure – The Woodlands is
home to several nail salons featuring both manicures and pedicures, sure to
please your mom.
6. Mother’s Day Silhouettes at Museum– The Woodlands Children’s Museum presents artist Patti Rishforth who will be
making one of a kind art of your child’s profile. Saturday, May 13, 10AM – 5PM.
7. Shower her with Flowers – Florists are
abundant in The Woodlands. Plus, you can usually find flowers at most grocers.
in the Park & Sand Castle Building Contest – Bring the whole family
as Fab 5 performs a 60s tribute show on Mother’s Day, complete with a sand
building contest. Bring your shovels! The events are free. Northshore Park, Sunday, May 14, 5:30 –
9. Gifts – The special place to your mom’s
heart can include gifts. The Woodlands offers upscale shopping throughout including
Market Street, The Woodlands Mall and specialty boutiques in Hughes Landing.
10. Stroll Around the Water – Take mom on a trip on a Waterway Cruiser on The Woodlands Waterway™ or for a stroll along 200-acre Lake Woodlands.
However, you decide to spend that special day, The
Woodlands has so many exciting choices. Happy Mother’s Day.